We like books.
We're interested in ways to help more people (especially kids) like books.
You can read more about our company at www.capstonepub.com.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Words of Wisdom Wednesday: Happiness

A few months ago I finished reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I was very intrigued by her idea of the 4 splendid truths of happiness. The one truth that stuck in my mind is this: The days are long, but the years are short.

I thought back to being a kid, the excitement of school ending and the beginning of summer. Summer seemed to last forever . . . going to the pool, hanging out with friends, the ice cream truck making its way through the neighborhood, picnics, long days with nothing to do but relax and play. Now many years later, it seems like summer is here and gone in a flash. We don't always take the time to relax and play as we are so busy getting to the next task at hand.

Gretchen posted a great video on her website that really made me think. (And, I've heard it's especially impactful for those of you who are parents). The days are long, but the years are short.

No comments: