We like books.
We're interested in ways to help more people (especially kids) like books.
You can read more about our company at www.capstonepub.com.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Poetry Friday: Adrienne Rich

One of my very favorite poets, Adrienne Rich, died on Wednesday. I remember very clearly the time I first read her work: I was in my first year poetry seminar at Sarah Lawrence, and her "21 Love Poems" were in the collection of poems our professor handed out. Her writing is an incredibly strong influence on my own, and I am very grateful for her words.

Here are some of my favorite lines from "21 Love Poems" (section 21).
"I choose to be a figure in that light,
half-blotted by darkness, something moving
across that space, the color of stone
greeting the moon, yet more than stone:
a woman. I choose to walk here. And to draw this circle."
--Adrienne Rich

Beth Brezenoff
Assistant Editorial Director

No comments: