We like books.
We're interested in ways to help more people (especially kids) like books.
You can read more about our company at www.capstonepub.com.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

So it's Leap Day...now what?

My children love to celebrate. We honor every holiday we can, especially if we can eat a special food with it. Any excuse to dine!

So I was sure there must be an official food for Leap Day (and hoped that it wouldn't be frog legs). I set to work, googling it, but came up empty handed. In fact, I didn't find any Leap Day traditions that would work for my family. So I have to come up with my own plan. I've asked some friends around the office for help and this is what I've come up with.

According to a few of my co-workers, this extra day should be spend goofing off and doing as we please, but the kiddos had school and we had work. Therefore our celebration is limited to an early evening affair. I think we will have to play a game of leap frog, followed by a dance party to the Kriss Kross classic, "Jump". According to editorial director Michael Dahl, leap day is a magic day so the laws of time do not apply. This means no one ages on this day, and more importantly, calories don't count. So it doesn't matter what we eat, as long as it is decadent and delicious.

I have to ask...do you have any Leap Day traditions? We are always looking for more ways to have fun. In the meantime, it's DANCE PARTY TIME!

No comments: