We like books.
We're interested in ways to help more people (especially kids) like books.
You can read more about our company at www.capstonepub.com.

Monday, August 20, 2012

How about some wombat stew?


When I was a kid I was a voracious reader. I would read anything and everything I could get my hands on – my Dad's science books, my Mom's romance novels, whatever childrens' books and classic literature found it's way into our home – I would even read aloud to my parents any bill boards I saw and, much to my Mother's horror – any writing I saw on the insides of public bathroom stalls. My poor Mom was caught between a rock and a hard place of trying to encourage me to read a lot, but not to read EVERYTHING.

I had a LOT of favorite books. Some stand out in my memory more than others. One of my absolute favorite picture books was one that I saw once in a library and have never seen again. I later found out it was an import from Australia. It was called Wombat Stew by Marcia K. Vaughn and was filled with all sorts of fun, stylized illustrations as well as a song that I can still sing to this day!

"Wombat stew, Wombat stew, gooey, brewy, yummy, chewy, wombat stew!"

What were some of your favorite or most memorable books from childhood?


Kristi Carlson
Graphic Designer

No comments: