We like books.
We're interested in ways to help more people (especially kids) like books.
You can read more about our company at www.capstonepub.com.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Designer in the Spotlight



Hello world! As you know we have amazing talent in our team. In this post I wanted to do an informal, behind-the-scenes interview with our designer Emily. I'm sure you all have read her posts in our blog before. She is a super talented and extremely full of energy. She is been working with us for three years, doing all kinds of everything. Her designs range pre-k to middle grade; you name it, she is done it.

Emily has a passion for patterns, colors, and most of all, she is a book fanatic. =)

Here are some things I thought you would be interested in knowing about her. Know the people behind the books I always say. Here is your chance!

Emily, tell us what is your favorite book everybody needs to read and why?
"Do I have to pick just one?! Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides, I love the complexity of the story, and the issues that are brought forth in the novel. Eugenides is a master at creating a sense of time and place."

What is your favorite book you have ever designed?
"Katie Woo, just because I was so involved in the development of her character. From the color of her glasses, to picking out the specific clothes that she should wear. It was a dream project! "

What is your favorite color?
"Pantone 2562"









What is your favorite food?
"Homemade Guacamole"

What is your favorite cartoon?
" I don’t really watch cartoons, but I do enjoy animated movies, especially anything by Hayao Miyazaki. Kiki’s Delivery Service is a favorite."

What is you love about your job?
"I was a huge book nerd growing up (still am!) so designing books as a job is pretty sweet. I can only hope that the books I help create will spark another child’s lifelong love of reading."

I asked Emily for picture of her. What did I get in my email instead? A super-duper cute picture of her cat Eva wearing a sweater! Too cute.

I'll leave you in Eva's good company. Have a wonderful weekend, blogosphere!


No comments: