We like books.
We're interested in ways to help more people (especially kids) like books.
You can read more about our company at www.capstonepub.com.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Secrets of book publishing

I found something cool on my chair when I came in this morning--a big full-sheet proof from the press check that our art director, Bob, went on yesterday. I thought I'd show you what that looks like. (Excuse the not-great-quality cellphone photos, please!)


As you can tell, the sheet is printed with multiple book pages--all in all, the full sheet contains 32 pages, printed on the front and back (page 1 is on the flip side of page 2, and so forth).


After the sheet is printed, it's cut and arranged in the proper order and then bound with the other sections of the book. Obviously, my favorite stage is the finished book stage--but seeing these secret steps is one of the fun perks of being a book editor. This proof is from a new series I'm REALLY excited about--can't wait to show you more when we get the final books!

More soon!
Beth

No comments: