We like books.
We're interested in ways to help more people (especially kids) like books.
You can read more about our company at www.capstonepub.com.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Thank a Teacher

My mom is a kindergarten teacher. My dad taught 6th grade. My sister Gina is a kindergarten teacher. My sister Paulette is an EBD teacher. (Believe me, my list could go on and on and on—starting with my grandparents on both sides of the family.)

With the school year coming to an end, it's time to give a teacher an extra "thank you" for his/her hard work. It doesn't have to be a present (though who doesn't like a gift card to Target or Barnes & Noble?). Sometimes a nice thank-you note is all that is needed to let a teacher know you appreciate the work they do.

As my 4-year-old daughter recently told me at her preschool graduation (shown in picture with her teacher), "Mom, I want to do what you do when I grow up. Being a teacher is too much work." So be sure to thank a teacher!



1 comment:

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I taught for 17 years...I love it when my kiddos email me or friend me on facebook. It's an amazing feeling to know that I mattered enough to them that they want to stay in touch so many years later. :) (I still love all my teacher mugs though.)