We like books.
We're interested in ways to help more people (especially kids) like books.
You can read more about our company at www.capstonepub.com.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

An Icon

Today we celebrate the birthday of an icon. Like many great women (Cher, Madonna, etc), she goes by just one name—Barbie. On this very day in 1959, Barbara Millicent Roberts was born. You may love her or hate her (I love her and am very happy to play Barbies with my girls), but you can't argue with her icon status. I must point out that she's had about a billion careers, but she's never been a book editor. I guess even Barbie can't handle the book world.

Happy Birthday, Barbie!
My first Barbie was Peaches & Cream. My sisters were jealous because she had bent arms and their Barbies didn't.

2 comments:

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I loved playing Barbies with my daughter too. Maybe you could email them and suggest that Barbie have a new career. :)

Christianne Jones, Managing Editor said...

I'm sure editor/author Barbie would be a bestseller. Nice to see you back on our blog!